Wayfair’s India TDC witnesses significant expansion with 130+ tech hires; on track with its goal of 300 new hires in first year of India launch
BENGALURU – September 11, 2023 – Wayfair Inc. (NYSE:W), one of the world’s largest destinations for the home, today announced the recent appointments of six technology leaders at the company’s Technology Development Center (TDC) in Bengaluru. Reporting to Rohit Kaila, head of technology and site leader for Wayfair India, these industry leaders possess deep retail and technology expertise, and include:
- Maneesh Agrwawal, head of cloud enablement and reliability engineering, joins Wayfair with more than 22 years of experience. His career spans work in design, implementation, and operational excellence at Adobe, Olacabs, InMobi, Yahoo, and Indiamart, where he successfully delivered strategic visions across IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and Cloud efficiency.
- Mitalee Dabral, country HR leader, is an HR professional with over two decades of HR experience across leading organisations and startups. She joins Wayfair from ShareChat, where she created and led a high performing HR team along with effective people policies and initiatives.
- Senthil Ganapathy, head of martech technology engineering, has extensive experience across established corporations and innovative startups building cloud native platforms and highly capable engineering teams. Prior to Wayfair, he built enterprise grade advertising platforms and led cross-regional engineering teams at Inmobi Technologies.
- Sanjeev Gupta, head of global supplier technology, comes with 20+ years of experience across startups and large organizations. He joins us from Google where he was leading the global technology teams managing part of international partner business for GCP.
- Shital Mehta, technology architect for storefront and data engineering, has 25+ years of experience working in companies like Yahoo!, Walmart, Ola and multiple startups. He worked in Telecom, Advertising, Media, Ecommerce and Shared Mobility domains before joining Wayfair.
- B. Prabhakar, head of supply chain technology, is a veteran technology leader with 27+ years of experience leading and building departments. He’s worked with large corporations like Walmart, Yahoo and Sun-micro systems, and also been part of India’s start-up ecosystem as an entrepreneur.
Wayfair opened its TDC in April 2023 under the guidance of Rohit Kaila. The TDC supports Wayfair’s goal to be the destination for all things home through the development of innovations for the company’s global customers and suppliers. While initially focused on delivering technology for the company’s global supply chain, the India TDC will lead and support a broad range of technology initiatives for Wayfair. To date, the TDC has hired approximately 130 team members, well on its way to meeting its first-year goal of 300 by the end of Q1 2024.
On the recent appointments at Wayfair, Rohit Kaila said, "At Wayfair, we take immense pride in the exceptional work being carried out by our dedicated teams from India. Unlike many other global multi-billion dollar organizations, our company continues to embrace its entrepreneurial roots and mentality. The teams in India are not just instrumental in driving our initiatives, they have the opportunity to drive meaningful results that will help shape the future of the retail industry."
Individuals interested in joining the Wayfair team are encouraged to visit https://www.aboutwayfair.com/careers/engineering-technology to learn more about the company and specific openings.
Wayfair is the destination for all things home: helping everyone, anywhere create their feeling of home. From expert customer service to the development of tools that make the shopping process easier, to carrying one of the widest and deepest selections of items for every space, style, and budget, Wayfair gives everyone the power to create spaces that are just right for them.
The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair: Everything home – for a space that’s all you.
- Joss & Main: The ultimate style edit for home.
- AllModern: All of modern, made simple.
- Birch Lane: A fresh take on the classics.
- Perigold: An undiscovered world of luxury design.
- Wayfair Professional: Just right for Pros.
Wayfair generated $11.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2023 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with global operations.
*Disclamier: "The pages slugged ‘Press Release’ are equivalent to advertisements and are not written and produced by Success Insights India Media journalists/Editorial." We do not hold any copyrights towards the content or image. Image source: Newswire