We all are passing through a tuff time which no one on the earth anticipated. The pandemic has thrown all of us out gear. Everyone suffered a major setback.
In the post pandemic situation every industry is trying to come back to normalcy and make up for the lost time and fulfill the demand of their customers. Just like the saying goes every coin has two sides, similarly the pandemic should be viewed in a similar way. The pandemic has forced us to think in a different way and how we can bring back the economy to normalcy. Every industry while exploring the ways and means to jump back, have found that digitalization as one of the ways to speed up manufacturing and related process to bring in excellence in what ever way they are performing.
It is rightly said that amount of digitalization that was not done in last twenty years was done just in last 1 & ½ years.
The industries are continuously working towards fine-tuning their business models to make them highly resilient and reduce the impact of such unforeseen disruptions in the future. Companies have had to scale remote work and accelerate digitalization rapidly. In fact, a recent report highlights that in the manufacturing sector about 89% companies have adopted cloud computing in pursuit of digitalization. This pace will further speedup soon and the industry will see greater adoption of various automated technologies to enhance factory operations
The decision to move to cloud also helps to expedite the digitalization efforts, which were earlier constrained by the maintenance, scalability and availability limitations of the on-premises IT set up.
A well laid down digital strategy both in the near and long term will go in a long way to make the industry grow.
A holistic approach to digitalization should have a focus on achieving agility and innovation through complete digitalization to bring in increased efficiency across core business functions.
A well laid down digitalization policy backed up by top management support will help to accelerate the pace of organizations digitalization efforts. Also, specific digital initiatives and innovations will help to improve manufacturing productivity and operational efficiencies across departments like shopfloor, finance, or HR.
The scope for digitalization is limitless. It should be a continuous process and followed as a way of life.
A seasoned IT Professional having 34 years of experience with focused approach on Digitalization, IoT, Low-Cost Automation, Industry 4.0, RPA Cloud migration and analytics to bring in operational excellence, turn around & value addition to the business.
Winner of various Industry awards: e.g.
• CIO Power List 2018
• Eminent CIO of India
• Recognition as CIO of the year 2019-20.
• COVID 19 Superhero CIO award by Enterprise IT world.
• TekQ Super CIO award for 2020.
• Winner of CIO Power list 2020 award.
• Winner of CXO Tech Excellence award 2020.
Designing Group level IT Strategies, Policies & IT road maps for achieving growth through process innovation, progressive change management. Architectural design & establishment of entire IT set up for mfg. unit/s, head office across various geographies for individual and group companies. Rich experience in converting IT projects from conceptual/architectural design to handover stage. Building IT road maps, formulation of key IT strategies, Policies & procedures, and establishment of centralized IT setup for entire organization. Changed the perception of IT department from a service department to a technology service provider and strategic business enabler.
1. Digitalization, Innovation, IoT, Industry 4.0 LCA
2. Strategic IT Planning and Management.
3. Rich exposure to design of IT Policies, procedures, road maps, standardization, and adoption of best practices.
4. Strong business acumen for leveraging technology with a focus to bring in business innovation, operational efficiency with competitive advantage.
5. Effective business enabler / leader with a keen focus on Change management, Organization Leadership, relationship building.
6. Architectural design and Implementation of IT Infrastructure for data centers, Migration to Cloud. disaster recovery sites, Engineering design centers and Business Continuity plans.
7. Selection and Implementation of ERP for individual and group companies.
8. Process enhancements in existing applications to bring in enhancements and Optimization.
Participating in various Industry forums e.g. Confederation of Industries, Indo American Chamber of Commerce & Industries, Data Centre & Cloud summit. Thought leader on various topics. Interviewed by Oracle, Dynamic CIO, Data Quest
Currently working as Vice President Global Information Technology for an MNC.